Display Lost When Gaming (URGENT)

Itsbattles

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
I have a problem that keeps occurring when im playing games on my gaming pc. The problem is that when i play games such as Playerunknown Battlegrounds, my monitor goes black, saying no signal detected. i can hear what is happening when im in game (gunshots, and even people talking), and sometimes i can talk to my friends, but they cant always hear me when this happens. to resolve the problem i have to restart my pc, and then it works fine until this happens again. Thanks, any tips on fixing this will help.

Specs-
GTX 970 Ftw Edition
Intel i7 6700k
16 gigs ram.

Solution
If you look at Windows' system event log, you may see messages about the display drivers having crashed. If re-installing the driver doesn't fix it, the problem could be caused by a hardware issue. If you are overclocking, you may want to try resetting to factory defaults.

Itsbattles

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Which drivers are you talking about? I updated my gpu drivers.

Yeah, the GPU drivers. I would run it again and instead of doing express install, I would click custom. After you click custom it will give you the option to perform a clean install, select that option. Dont hold your breath that it would work, but it is definitely the easiest fix.

Itsbattles

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Doing it now.

InvalidError

Titan
If you look at Windows' system event log, you may see messages about the display drivers having crashed. If re-installing the driver doesn't fix it, the problem could be caused by a hardware issue. If you are overclocking, you may want to try resetting to factory defaults.

Solution