Displays randomly go black when gaming, causing various problems

Jdmawesome

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I have had a lot of issues with my laptop. I could go on and on about all the crap that is going on with my computer, but I have getto solutions for all of these. What I don't have a fix for is some trouble with my monitors.

I had two 1080p 120 hz monitors and an Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27" WQHD, in the middle of them. I was experiencing problems with my monitors' sizing and resolution, and they would occasionally flicker black, and follow with a change in scale, icons moving, games crashing due to display adjustments, etc. I bought two more of the same Acer Predators to replace the 1080p monitors, and hoped that would fix my problems. It didn't. Now when playing games, I especially play Don't Starve Together, but it happens in other games, and I THINK in chrome, I'll look at that again, the screens will go black. And a series of events occur:

1) Middle screen (Main display & displays game) goes black first

2) Other two screens go black after middle at the same time as each other

3-1) They turn back on in the same order they went out, causing the game to either stay in the same spot, but the window on the right screen will go behind the game in the middle, the game will go into the top right corner of the screen to the right, with 25% of the window not shown.

3-2) The screen remains black and the windows go onto the right screen

the left screen is usually uneffected in all mentioned circumstances

Previous problems:

Hope this might help to give some background

I have a digital storm Krypton (I'll be back with the specs)

Battery no longer holds charge, I bought a second one but after either a surge or data loss it also broke. (Surge happened after data loss began... The second time)
Mini Displayport must be unplugged for Computer to begin booting, but works if plugged in after (Connected to Left Monitor)
My Ethernet port does not work
My built in speakers no longer woto
All my audio jacks don't work.
My computer was beeping in Different ways nearly every single reboot, but it has seemed to stopped
I updated to Windows 10 but the computer was originally windows 8.

As you can probobly tell, I have been reluctant to ask a forum for help, but I can't take this anymore, and I am going to do everything in my power to try and save this computer for just a little bit longer.

Solution
I recently got very bored and decided to make my setup look good. In the process I switched the monitors around a bit, I have yet to find any problems with it but I assume it was a bad port with the monitors. I also tampered with my laptop sound settings and got that to work too. I switched from High Performance Realtek inconvenience maker (Audio interface I think) to speakers and it seems to have fixed that too.

I cannot tell you how good I felt after that.

Jdmawesome

Prominent
Jul 9, 2017
I recently got very bored and decided to make my setup look good. In the process I switched the monitors around a bit, I have yet to find any problems with it but I assume it was a bad port with the monitors. I also tampered with my laptop sound settings and got that to work too. I switched from High Performance Realtek inconvenience maker (Audio interface I think) to speakers and it seems to have fixed that too.

I cannot tell you how good I felt after that.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS