Can not unsubscribe

ckrusen

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
None of the methods to unsubscribe work

The 'unsubscribe' link in the emails (http://click.emails.purch.com/?qs=dc4c965c7432....) results in both an unsecured https URL and the error:

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.533aca41.1499698510.fd0eec1

The My newsletter subscriptions link on the Account Settings pages takes you to
http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/?action=nlsubscribe

which says:

Tom's Hardware > Error 404
Sorry!
The page you requested couldn't be found
Tom's Hardware
Dear Visitor. The page you requested couldn't be found :( ......

Is deleting your account the only way to stop receiving the newsletter?

AnuriaSiew

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Same here - do I have to report ABUSE or FTC for this to be resolved? Deleting my account gives me another email with link to do it but it also goes nowhere except to purch.com with insecure site. Obviously I am prevented from unsubscribing my email address or from newsletters this way. I did it twice yesterday to delete my account but today I am still getting newsletters. Not only that I cannot change my account's email address to another one although on this site it syas you can add another, then be able to change to the new one - EXCEPT it will not accept my user name, which means now I have two email addresses registered with no way to change or delete accounts. I am considering to report this to FTC if the admin here will not facilitate my requests in a direct manner instead of directing so-called unsubscriptions to another website even though the url is at tomshardware.com/id -xxxxxxx/unsubscribe.html.

ckrusen

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017
I ended up emailing perks-help@purch.com directly.

They replied (after a couple of hours) that they will remove me. Said it might take up to 3 business days. We'll see...

UPDATE: 7/18: I continue to get the newsletters. :fou:

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017
Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear that you are having difficulty unsubscribing from the newsletter.

Here are a few instructions on how to unsubscribe from the newsletter from your profile.

1. Go to your profile.
2. Go to Account Settings.
3. Hit the Edit button in Contact Mode.
4. Un-check the selection 'Receive a Weekly Email' for Tom's Hardware.
5. Hit save changes.

From there, you should see either a green check mark or a red marker. Green means you are subscribed, red means that you are not.

Let me know if this works, and if it doesn't, then i will direct this issue to the proper person.

ckrusen

Prominent
Jun 8, 2017

I did that a while ago (several weeks back). All notifications options show the red triangle with an exclamation mark.

The emails I am getting are not for this forum (which I wouldn't mind), but appear to be a newsletter managed by "Purch".

I contacted Purch last Friday - who said they would stop. But I got one on Monday, and another on Tuesday.

AnuriaSiew

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
On Tom's Hardware site your recommendation does not work - FIRST OFF the Contact Mode.
to Un-check the selection 'Receive a Weekly Email' for Tom's Hardware offers a drop-down box for "Private message' instead. To unsubscribe, there is no unsubscribe for newsletters EXCEPT the perpetual "SUBSCRIBE' button. I am still receiving emails from you but to unsubscribe from PERCH.COM, NOTHING has changed. It goes to an unsecure site and your site still shows similar unable to unsubscribe behavior :-newsletter subscriptions link on the Account Settings pages takes you to
http://www.tomshardware.com/membres/?action=nlsubscribe

which says:
Tom's Hardware > Error 404
Sorry!
The page you requested couldn't be found
Tom's Hardware
Dear Visitor. The page you requested couldn't be found. By now since my last support request and unsubscription attempts has generated more email from sites I have no business with and my malware software generates "MALWARESITES Blocked" when I'm browsing - indicating redirection to these sites. There is no way to remove my account on your page since the EDIT link is unclickable nor is there any access to cancel or remove account. For your information, I don't see any recourse but take this to FTC.

psycodvierrk

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
I am having all these problems.
The website WILL NOT allow me to unsubscribe from the forum giving me the "500 Internal Server Error"
And yes I have tried Account Settings/Edit button.

I do not believe this is your typical server error, this seems to be deliberate.

@Viddyvane Put me on the list please, I want out immediately. I don't want to be involved.

Graybush

Respectable
Feb 13, 2017

Hi there psycodvierrk,

As I stated in my earlier post, you'll need to send an email to community@tomshardware.com so we can file your request with the correct team. Make sure to add your username, your registered email address, and what type of help you're looking for (reset password, change email, delete account) and I can process that ASAP.

Thank you!