Rate My Part List - High-End Build Advice

Tommythebold16

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hey guys! I'm ready to drop a large sum of money, around $2,000 bucks, on a new PC. I have three 27" monitors already, as well as 5 3tb HDD and 3 256gb SSD for storage. However, this will be the first PC I've ever actually built, and I wanna make sure my parts work together and, if possible, get better parts than the ones I selected. I really just picked the top things on PCPartPicker.

So, without further ado: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/44ssNN

Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

The price of GTX 1070s has been driven up by cryptocurrency miners right now, so they're not really a good value for the money at the moment. For just slightly more (starting at around $550 now), you can get a GTX 1080, which should be around 25% faster when gaming at high resolutions. Another option would be the 1080 Ti, which should be about another 25% faster still, though those start around $700.

Also, it's worth pointing out that Windows 7 can't run games in DX12 mode, so Windows 10 would likely be a better choice for a gaming system (even though relatively few games make good use of DX12 so far). Extended support for Windows 7 is also scheduled to end in about 2.5 years, after which it should no longer receive security updates.

Also, if this system is primarily intended for gaming, relatively few games benefit from having more than 8GB of RAM so far, so 16GB would probably be plenty for a gaming system for the near future. Of course, if you're going for a very high end build, you can get 32GB if you want, but you might not see games benefiting from that extra RAM for a couple years.

Those are at least a few things that stand out to me. : )