Scrollbar Scrolls by itself, NOT THE MOUSE OR KEYBOARD

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
Hello All, I don't know if this issue is a common thing. But if there's a solution to this I would be very grateful.

So this issue starts last week. I was playing on the afternoon and I had it shutdown on 3 PM.
On 7 PM I booted the PC and this is where the problem started.

My computer keep scrolling up and down. This issue exists on all sorts of application (e.g; browsers, microsoft office, games, windows search bar.) On certain times, I can't even scroll up because it keeps dragging me down (It's fighting me back, haha)

I tried everything, including reinstalling mouse drivers, reinstalling keyboard drivers, plugging out both keyboard and mouse, using a different mouse.
I didn't installed or downloaded anything before shutting down that day. I scanned with antiviruses and they didn't find a thing.

Google didn't give any solutions since it's not my keyboard or mouse. If any of you have another solution for this, It will help me so much. (I don't need to bring it to a repair center, haha)

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Thanks, but it didn't worked. Is there actually a legit cause of this problem? I need to fix it because I am actually typing this wihile my scrollbar keeps going down like crazy

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

is it true that this kind of issues would sometimes resolve itself? I looked at another thread that stated this.

Colif

Win 11 Master
maybe, try running windows update and see if anything available

try this:
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, DISM cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

try booting into safe mode and see if it happens
choose settings/updat & security/recovery
under Advanced Start up, click restart now button
loads into a blue menu
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

If it doesn't happen in safe mode, it has to be a drivers problem. If it does, I will have to look harder :)

have you tried different USB slots? Checked motherboard web site for new USB drivers?

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

SFC/Scannow didn't work?
It said they didn't recognize it as a command

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Oops. the command worked, I opened a wrong powershell. haha. Sorry, my bad

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth this command doesnt work

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did it give an error or just not work?

okay, try this then (the old version)
open command prompt (admin)
copy/paste this into window:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press enter

Or did it give an error talking about source?

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

They didn't recognize the previous one as a command.
The new command u give (Old version) worked. After This I should run Safe mode, right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
did sfc work before it? as often it helps to run it after DISM to fix any errors SFC couldn't before.

try Safe mode if DISM/SFC didn't help

what build of win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter

if on anything before 1703, go to here and click the and button on the page, this will download the upgrade assistant, run it and it might fix this problem by upgrading you to latest version of win 10

if you on 1703, you can try this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Version 1607 (OS 14393, 1358)
So its outdated?

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I see. So after I finish the DSIM Check, what next?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you only have a 32gb ssd and a 500gb hdd, I would save up and buy a 1tb hdd and replace both as it gives you twice the space (1tb hdd aren't that expensive now) and win 10 has room to grow then. Depending on what motherboard you have, you could set the ssd up as a cache drive to speed hdd up, but though you can run win 10 on a 32gb drive, its not worth it and is too fiddly, and it makes creating 4gb of free space on drive to run updates a pain.

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

I had rebooted in safe mode and it works. So what's now. Other then windows update, is there any other solution?

Colif

Win 11 Master
So my guess its a driver but i don't understand it. it seems to me like something set to auto scroll

have you got any other USB devices plugged in?

I just watched one solution and all it involved is update mouse software... i could think of that, i wasted 3 minutes of my life :)

what are the specs of PC? What motherboard does it have?

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Processor: AMD A8 7600 Radeon R7, Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3100 Mhz, 2 Cores
RAM: 6 GB

Manufacturer Product SerialNumber Version
ASRock FM2A68M-HD+ M80-69002101179

Colif

Win 11 Master
have you installed/run the app centre? it should check motherboard for you and see if you have latest drivers: http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/FM2A68M-HD+/?cat=Download&os=Win1064 though the newest there are from 2015

I can't find any way to get that all in 1 driver from anywhere else. It would the one that includes the USB drivers.

try asking on here, they may be able to work it out: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/

Solution

Urgash

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017

The issue resolved itself, haha.
It might reappear sometime later, but for now, The autoscroll stopped
Thank you so much for helping me :)

P.S: I don't really know if it might reappear. because last night it's still broken.