Volume Mixer Issue

DigitalNinja

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2016
Alright, I have a Logitech Headset, I love it, it works great, I also have two external speakers, both have a volume control dial, the speakers have independent volume control, meaning that if my system volume is on 100, I can turn the dial on the speakers to raise or lower the volume and the system volume will remain 100.

My headset however on the other hand, plugged in via USB, uses the system volume, so whenever I turn the dial on my headset to change volume, it also changes the system volume, super annoying because I then have to find my desired volume and tweak other programs so their volume isn't too low or deafeningly too high, which has happened on more than a few occasions.

My issue here is that I would like to make the headset volume control completely independent to my system volume, much like my speakers, think of it as a "quality of life" change.

Is there a way for me to do this or will I have to use a 3rd-party program?

DigitalNinja

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from DigitalNinja : "Volume Mixer Issue"

Alright, I have a Logitech Headset, I love it, it works great, I also have two external speakers, both have a volume control dial, the speakers have independent volume control, meaning that if my system volume is on 100, I can turn the dial on the speakers to raise or lower the volume and the system volume will remain 100.

My headset however on the other hand, plugged in via USB, uses the system volume, so whenever I turn the dial on my headset to change volume, it also changes the system volume, super annoying because I then have to find my desired volume and tweak other programs so their volume isn't too low or deafeningly too high, which has happened on more than a few occasions.

My issue here is that I would like to make the headset volume control completely independent to my system volume, much like my speakers, think of it as a "quality of life" change.

Is there a way for me to do this or will I have to use a 3rd-party program?