Sata drives not appearing on windows

Befoe

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Hi,
I recently used a 3rd party software to update the drivers on my rig. After rebooting, I can only access my m.2 ssd while my 2 other sata drives cannot be found by Windows. What's odd to me is that they show up in my BIOS but, after I boot into Windows, they are not shown in the file explorer, device manager, or even the disk manager. I had another bootable partion of Windows 10 on the smaller of the 2 hdds but I can no longer enter the Windows boot manager as I used to be able to. The program had created a restore point but, when I restarted, the program started a follow up update which created a restore point and therefore deleting my previous restore point. The new restore point does not do anything other than uninstall a network device driver. I did manage to restore some of the original drivers from a backup of each that it did but the drive problem still exists. On top of all of this, I'm not entirely sure what all drivers were updated since not all of them seem to be backed up by the program. I updated 14 drivers but only 10 appear as backups. I think I might know what they were but not with enough confidence to list in this post.
Here is my rig:
ASRock Z270 killer sli/ac
Intel Core i5-7600K
Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070
Team Group 16 GB (2x8) Vulcan DDR4 RAM
Corsair CX600M PSU
Drives:
Plextor M8Pe 256 GB PCIe m.2 drive
2TB WD Black SATA III hdd
1TB WD Blue SATA III hdd

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Befoe

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
After talking to a more experienced PC user, I was able to solve the problem by checking for a driver update in Windows' device manager for Intel's SATA AHCI Controller. This made all of my drives visible and usable again.

TRENDING THREADS