tv for xbox one

Pcman135

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017
hi there guys. im ordering an xbox one s tonight but just want to know if it will work fairly well with this tv: ferguson f2408lvd3
the tv has a HDMI port etc and it ran fine with my old ps3. i know i obviously wont be able to get it to 4K but 1080p is fine by me. i do plan on buying a monitor eventually but this will have to do for a while. only thing im concerned about is any bad input lag. most people i know who own an xbox one has just a normal tv like this one and they dont really have any issues but just wanted to confirm.

Solution
No problem, glad to help! I wouldn't worry too much about the fan issue, as you have the warranty, and if you wanted to, you can take out an extended one. The problem with the games consoles these days - unfortunately - is they are designed to go wrong. You cannot open them up to keep them clean, as this impacts the warranty and renders it void if the console is opened up, so you have to make do with using a can of compressed air to keep the vents free from dust as it is the heat generated inside these consoles that is responsible for killing so many of them. It's a chance we all take when we buy a modern console. Just enjoy the gaming, and as long as you do what you can to look after it, i'm sure you will be fine.

Best regards,
K.

Kenton82

Reputable
The result with this TV will be below average. It has not had very good reviews, and many of them complain about the image quality. Although it has a progressive scan function, and is ok at 5ms reponse.
It will of course work perfectly fine, but the input lag may be a problem as the panel used in this is very cheap, but i doubt you will notice that much. Just depends what type of games you play. If this is just a stop gap, i would just use it and look forward to the monitor you will be getting!

Hope this helps,
K.

Pcman135

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

cheers for the answer mate. yeah i assume it'll be alright as if it ran with my old ps3 it'll probs run with an xbox fairly well. and yeah i plan on getting a monitor but will have to wait approximately 4 months for that. also, ive heard about a fan issue some people have with this xbox where theres a clicking sound, what do you think the odds are that this will happen to me?

Kenton82

Reputable
No problem, glad to help! I wouldn't worry too much about the fan issue, as you have the warranty, and if you wanted to, you can take out an extended one. The problem with the games consoles these days - unfortunately - is they are designed to go wrong. You cannot open them up to keep them clean, as this impacts the warranty and renders it void if the console is opened up, so you have to make do with using a can of compressed air to keep the vents free from dust as it is the heat generated inside these consoles that is responsible for killing so many of them. It's a chance we all take when we buy a modern console. Just enjoy the gaming, and as long as you do what you can to look after it, i'm sure you will be fine.

Best regards,
K.

Solution

Pcman135

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

cheers k. ,much appreciated man. what ill do if i have a fan issue when i use it is replace it and if the replacement has the same issue ill just get a ps4 slim. out of interest, how would the ps4 slim fair with the tv i mentioned. im guessing it would be the same as the xbox one...

cheers

Kenton82

Reputable
Hey, no worries! Yeah the PS4 will be the same as the Xbox. The TV will be fine for now, but if you do experience any lag or picture problems, just bear with it until you get your monitor.

Good luck man,
regards,
K