DVI-D hooked into a TV

Adam423

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
so i got a question i got a GTX 750 where it has just the DVI and another DVI-D port with a mini HDMI.Well my mini hdmi for some reason broke today and i can really aford a new one.i was useing the hdmi for my 2nd screen but can't now.ANyways can i use a DVI-D to hook it into my tv if i get a DVI to VGA converter?

Solution
Best option is to just get a DVI-HDMI cable.
DVI and HDMI use the same protocol so it is simply just rearranging the pins from one connector to the other.
You will just not get any audio (for DVI or VGA)

With DVI-D (not to be confused with DVI-I), you would need an active adapter to actually convert the digital DVI signal to Analog signal.
The older DVI-I had the pins directly in the connector for both the digital and the analog signal, thus a simple $3 cable adapter allowed you to output to vga monitor with DVI-I.
Best option is to just get a DVI-HDMI cable.
DVI and HDMI use the same protocol so it is simply just rearranging the pins from one connector to the other.
You will just not get any audio (for DVI or VGA)

With DVI-D (not to be confused with DVI-I), you would need an active adapter to actually convert the digital DVI signal to Analog signal.
The older DVI-I had the pins directly in the connector for both the digital and the analog signal, thus a simple $3 cable adapter allowed you to output to vga monitor with DVI-I.

Solution