Monitor can't find video input as soon as a game is opened!

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
So let me put some backstory into this:
I was peacefully playing GTA V, customizing my brand new Pegassi, and as soon as I purchased a mod to it my monitor turned black and the window saying 'cannot find video input' or 'check signal cable' or whatever started bouncing off from one corner of the screen to another.

Now I highly doubt that the mod to my car cursed or scarred my monitor to life (it wasn't that bad) but I need help! This wasn't happening yesterday or even the last hour so I also doubt that it is a PSU problem or what. So anyway, I shut off my PC and turned it back on, everything seemed to be opening up fine but as soon as I opened up PUBG this time, it did it again. I made sure all the cables were tucked in the way they were supposed to be and restarted the PC once again but this time I tried it on CS:GO. But this time the game opened up fine but as soon as I accepted a competitive match, it did it...AGAIN! So now, I'm sitting here probably getting a 30 minute ban from my CS:GO account because I didn't join the match but whatevs. Sorry for writing a whole essay down for you guys to read and thank you for your help :)

Specs just in case:

R7 360
A78M-E35 V2 (motherboard)
A4-7300 (yes i know it runs crappy with gpu but im waiting for my 880k to arrive. so atm, getting bottleknecked real hard.)
8gb ram

I'm writing this thing from the same PC so, yes, it definitely happens when I open up a game.

Solution
When it happens when you start a game, I do think its the GPU that is the culprit here.
Check the idle temp on it and check that the fans are spinning. Not just the first few seconds, but all the time

Lakken

Notable
May 4, 2017
When it happens when you start a game, I do think its the GPU that is the culprit here.
Check the idle temp on it and check that the fans are spinning. Not just the first few seconds, but all the time

Solution

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Stupid, stupid me. Right when I posted this I tried opening GTA V back and it ran properly. After a couple of minutes, the monitor turns black and the same thing happens, but right when it happens I hear a BRRRRRRRT sound coming from my PC. I open it up and I see a cable hanging off near the GPU. It seems to be that the cable was trying to merge in with the fan but the fan just didn't want any of it. Thanks for your help, Lakken!

yic123

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
BUT WAIT! Not solved yet. When I turned my PC back on all my stuff from my desktop except 2 things which are the recycle bin and one other app are gone when there was supposed to be files flying at you from all directions. I drag my mouse all the way to the right and left to see if it accidentally made another screen or something but no! Please help me get my files back they were kinda important yuh know? xD thanks <3