No sound after updating driver with drivereasy

panel111

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
So I installed drivereasy on my Win10 32 bit PC and then updated sound drivers. Then I restarted my PC. Then i got no sound coming out of my speakers. and failed to play test tone.

Solution
The way I understand it, if you upgraded from win 7 to 10, you can still use the win 7 licence on that PC. And the win 10 licence always works on that PC as you have a digital entitlement to it, as part of upgrade process. People upgraded PC to win 10 to get the digital entitlement and then reinstalled win 7 again.

(I don't know if this is actually true as I have never done it myself)

You just can't run them both at the same time.

So if you went the long way, you could use licence to install win 7, upgrade all its patches and drivers, and then run the win 10 upgrade. And then not use drivereasy again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Check if it created a system restore point just before installing.

You can try uninstalling sound drivers and get them from motherboard site - 3rd party driver updates can put the wrong files on PC, always better to check drivers on motherboard web site.

Colif

Win 11 Master
cxRqktL.png

16sR49O.png

QM37NJ4.png

with Imgur you have to right click galleries and open images in own tabs and use those links

Screenshot_13.png

same applies to other one as well.

Problem you have is there aren't any drivers for motherboard on win 10. LGA 775 is not supported by Microsoft or Intel which makes finding drivers difficult

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you update from win 7? it would have been using the drivers it had installled from Win 7. Its okay with people updating but you might have run into problems doing a clean install.

you probably can't install win 7 drivers as since a recent version of windows 10, it requires the drivers to be signed by MS to work with win 10 and that is only a new process in last 2 years.

panel111

Reputable
Jul 12, 2017
Yeah, I've updated from Win 7. Can't I force Win 10 to install Win 7 drivers by disabling SmartScreen, going offline and booting my PC in safemode? Even thought can I find the Win 7 drivers?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can't install drivers in safe mode.

I can't think of an easy way, I can think of a hard way which is reinstall win 7, update it with the 4 trillion (exaggeration) patches, and then update it to win 10 again. That is a long way around...

do you have any system restore points as anything preferable to reinstalling to the hard option. Its meant to create an restore point whenever windows update runs or it installs drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The way I understand it, if you upgraded from win 7 to 10, you can still use the win 7 licence on that PC. And the win 10 licence always works on that PC as you have a digital entitlement to it, as part of upgrade process. People upgraded PC to win 10 to get the digital entitlement and then reinstalled win 7 again.

(I don't know if this is actually true as I have never done it myself)

You just can't run them both at the same time.

So if you went the long way, you could use licence to install win 7, upgrade all its patches and drivers, and then run the win 10 upgrade. And then not use drivereasy again.

Solution