Warranty question (Lenovo)

Apostolis Kennedy

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
Hello!
A friend of mine recently broke her laptop screen (a lenovo laptop). She went to the company and asked them to replace the screen. They replaced it with a cost of 120€ (original laptop price was about 450) and they told her that, because they replaced the screen (lenovo themselves), the warranty is void now. She has the laptop 6 months and the warranty was supposed to be 2 years. Is this new policy? Do other companies do this? It strikes me as really weird!

if your friend broke it herself then that is normal for any warranty. the manufacturers warranty of any product does not cover accidental damage. i know electronic stores like best buy do let you buy an extended warranties with accidental coverage

Apostolis Kennedy

Reputable
Apr 20, 2015
yeah she broke it herself and of course they won't cover the screen repair... but why void the rest of the waranty? now if for example the cpu fails for some reason, they won't cover it even if it is inside the 2 years....

the warrenty gets voided for "any" damage done to the product.. this is how warranties work with every product. like if they broke it from dropping it then something else may be broken too