Refreshes every so often?

Kieran10

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017
Hey,
So I have noticed that every so often my desktop refreshes. What exactly happens during a refresh? and can it damage or corrupt open files or programs?

Solution
how much ram do you have? system specs?

the refresh doesn't rewrite files on the desktop, the refresh point more to cpu, ram and gpu resources, not to the files written to the desktop folder in the hard disk

Kieran10

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017

8GB
i5-4460
gtx 1060

The pc was under heavy load running a simulator Prepare3D. So will the simulator or any other programs be fine? corruption free? Probably sounds like a stupid question to you but I need to settle my ocd. :D

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the corruption happens only if the hard disk is damaged or the ram is damaged

your ocd only can be settled by a real backup saving copies of your personal files each couple of weeks, days, whatever your ocd behavior allows

the heavy 3d load happens on cpu and gpu, ram also, not on your hard disk, remember that information is stored on hard disk and written when you ask to be written something like a saved file or game, the rest is pure rad, under the load of the simulator the cpu and gpu were a bit exhausted so the laggy response on the desktop

don't run a simulator in windowed mode, only in full screen, desktop works weird on those situations as you see

Kieran10

Prominent
Apr 1, 2017

This sim doesn't work well in full screen its not that type of sim, it bugs out if you have multiple monitors. Thanks for the response I was worried about corrupt files.