I just got some CHEAP monitors.

Ruben_Samich

Honorable
Oct 16, 2016
Hey guys, I am super excited right now.

I went to goodwill today and you'll never believe what I found.

I got a 17 in. 1080p monitor for $10. TEN BUCKS.

I also got a what I think is a 25 in. but I'm not entirely sure about the dimensions TV with built in speakers for only TWENTY BUCKS! And that was also 1080p!

So overall a got a monitor AND a TV for about $36 at goodwill.

I went there looking for an old Dell Optiplex to convert into a Gaming PC cause that would cut the price of the build I was going to make in half. I'm going to take one of them which have i5s in them, and possibly put in a new motherboard, probably put in a new power supply, and definitely put in some more RAM and a GTX 1050 ti. I didn't find one of those but what I got was better. Now I don't have to spend $150+ on a new monitor!

EDIT: The monitor is actually not 1080p, it's actually closer to 900p. The resolution is 1440x900. But I can't even tell the difference between 900p and 1080p so, I ain't even mad!

I don't care if you flag this for not being relevant, I just wanted to share my joy and possibly give other people who have a tight budget the idea to go to Goodwill, cause they might get lucky like me!

Solution
Seconding COLGeek...

I usually wander into our nearby Goodwill store every so often. And other Goodwills not so close as circumstances warrant.

Yes you can find all sorts of things in varying degrees of condition and functionality. Great for hobbyists and tinkerer's who can take stuff apart and fix it. Or take apart for components that would otherwise end up in a landfill.

Good source for desks and tables: especially if you are willing to do a bit of repair and/or refinishing. Or just use as is.....

Ralston18

Titan
Seconding COLGeek...

I usually wander into our nearby Goodwill store every so often. And other Goodwills not so close as circumstances warrant.

Yes you can find all sorts of things in varying degrees of condition and functionality. Great for hobbyists and tinkerer's who can take stuff apart and fix it. Or take apart for components that would otherwise end up in a landfill.

Good source for desks and tables: especially if you are willing to do a bit of repair and/or refinishing. Or just use as is.....

Solution