Stuck on Windows 10 logo

Connisaur

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
Hello

I recently bought a new desktop computer and it's been working fine, but today I can't get past the blue Microsoft logo upon booting. No dots or anything, and no button I press has any effect. I am using a iBUYPOWER WA583R7 Black Desktop PC AMD Eight-Core FX-8320 Vishera Processor, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive. Any advice?

I had one Windows update pending before this

Solution
The solution was simply a hardware error with the desktop itself. Apparently, having certain things plugged into this particular custom build will prevent it from rebooting. Anyone with this computer should always plug the keyboard into the back of the device only, or leave all USB ports empty when booting their device.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
If you can't boot, that's an issue with your Master Boot Record (MBR) as it's what loads you into Windows itself. If it's damaged, corrupted, or otherwise compromised; it's not going to boot into Windows properly, if at all.

There's really only two options when this happens; first being that you reset your MBR. This will restore it to default with no effect on your OS or data. The alternative is that if this doesn't work, your OS will need to be completely reinstalled, as in a clean install. This will replace your MBR outright.

Guides:

Repairing MBR: http://pureinfotech.com/repair-master-boot-record-mbr-windows-10/
Clean Install: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-do-clean-installation-windows-10

Afterwards, you'll want to consider a backup solution. This will be easier in the future to restore from such issues. A tool like Macrium Reflect or Rollback Rx will work as backup solutions, and both are free.

Connisaur

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
The solution was simply a hardware error with the desktop itself. Apparently, having certain things plugged into this particular custom build will prevent it from rebooting. Anyone with this computer should always plug the keyboard into the back of the device only, or leave all USB ports empty when booting their device.

Solution