kg251q acer how to achieve 75 hz

Knucklehead729

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I recently ordered the acer kg251q and I have noticed that there is no dvi port on the monitor. It is a 75 hz monitor with freesync and 1ms response time and it was only $139.99 on amazon with one day shipping.
I am wondering as it only has hdmi and vga, how will I achieve 75 hz without dvi?

Solution
Try looking in the display settings in windows first. But if the monitor states it can do 75hz at 1080p on HDMI (which your one does!) then it can!. Also there seems to be a lot of uncertainty around, some people say HDMI will only do a max of 60hz @ 1080p, but truth is that it depends on your monitor and the cable you are using.

as a side note, You may need to see if you can turn the GPU scaling OFF. Otherwise you may not see the 75hz refresh rate in windows settings.

Hope this helps.
K

Kenton82

Reputable
Try looking in the display settings in windows first. But if the monitor states it can do 75hz at 1080p on HDMI (which your one does!) then it can!. Also there seems to be a lot of uncertainty around, some people say HDMI will only do a max of 60hz @ 1080p, but truth is that it depends on your monitor and the cable you are using.

as a side note, You may need to see if you can turn the GPU scaling OFF. Otherwise you may not see the 75hz refresh rate in windows settings.

Hope this helps.
K

Solution

You use HDMI. However it depends on your graphics card, if you are using something from the year 2000, it prolly can't do 75hz @ 1080p. If you have a modern card there should be no problem.