Lag spiked videos on secondary monitor during Gameplay

PC_Gamer_Tom

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
For a while now ever since I re enabled the on board VGA input for my third monitor, Videos/streams/animations started to have lag spikes as I played on my main monitor, fullscreen.
The games have no FPS droppage at ALL ever since i added 2 new monitors aswell and I think thats a contribution to the problem at hand.

My main dual screens are attached to a GTX 750 Ti while my third is attached to the motherboard, I think Intel 4460. I rarely use the third because of its location, mainly as a TV.

Dual screens: AOC E2279s
Third monitor: Packard Bell (unknown model)
All three monitors are 1920x1080 and 60Hz.

Again, this started since I re-enabled the on board graphics through BIOS and unsure of why it is or how to fix it.

(EDIT: Upping priority does not affect a thing)

Solution
Disable on board graphics, plug the third monitor straight into your GPU like the other monitors. Using an adapter should work if you have to use one as all your monitors are only 60hz. Its is not recommended to use on-board graphics, or to even have a monitor plugged into your motherboard if you have a GPU already installed. If all your monitors are plugged into your GPU and your drivers are up to date, your problem should stop.

Hope this helps, good luck

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Disable on board graphics, plug the third monitor straight into your GPU like the other monitors. Using an adapter should work if you have to use one as all your monitors are only 60hz. Its is not recommended to use on-board graphics, or to even have a monitor plugged into your motherboard if you have a GPU already installed. If all your monitors are plugged into your GPU and your drivers are up to date, your problem should stop.

Hope this helps, good luck

Solution

PC_Gamer_Tom

Honorable
Aug 25, 2014
I cant hook up my 3rd monitor to my GPU because I cannot find a DVI cable around ireland. I will look on amazon and get one soon though. The GPU has 2 HDMI which is what the main two are using, and 2 DVI inputs. I have a DVI to HDMI cable but the third monitor is VGA and DVI, main two are VGA and HDMI, so cant use the cable at the moment.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016

Well, when you get your new cable and every monitor is coming from the same source your problem should be fixed. Im happy I could help.