weird cpu multiplier

Zanda8893

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017
I have a AMD FX-4350 NOT OVERCLOCKED and I have noticed in cpu-z the multiplier on my cores changes from 21 to 7 on different cores every second sometime 2 at a time. This seems to exclude my 3rd core. I have high performance selected.

P.S sorry this wasn't written well i'm not good at typing

Solution
If you want a constant CPU frequency download AMD Overdrive and under the Clock/Voltage section set your CPU core multiplier to whatever your base multiplier is for that cpu (Mine is 17.5 for a FX 6300). Then hit the green button in the upper right corner of the screen. The button will turn mostly red and you will see the target speed and the current speed should be close to the same (in my case 3500Mhz).

Zanda8893

Prominent
Jul 13, 2017

I probably have that enabled but it doesn't stay down it goes up and down every second.

If you want a constant CPU frequency download AMD Overdrive and under the Clock/Voltage section set your CPU core multiplier to whatever your base multiplier is for that cpu (Mine is 17.5 for a FX 6300). Then hit the green button in the upper right corner of the screen. The button will turn mostly red and you will see the target speed and the current speed should be close to the same (in my case 3500Mhz).

Solution