Will updating restore useless apps that I deleted?

Michpem

Prominent
May 3, 2017
Hey guys. Basically, I hate all these useless things that Windows 10 adds (Cortana, search widget, Xbox, OneDrive, etc...) which the only thing that do for me is wasting RAM and HDD, so I went ahead and deleted them with PowerShell and a guide I found on the internet. The thing is, I need to update right now because an incomplete update - due to me not wanting the Windows Update service to do its thing when I specifically told it to be disabled all the time - broke a certain function that I tend to rely on quite frequently: opening applications through other applications, or through .vbs console scripts, which doesn't work anymore; I get errors saying "couldn't create the process" or "X is not a valid win32 application" that didn't happen before this incident.

So, this finally brings the question on the title: Will updating Windows restore all these useless things? Because I remember spending hours trying to get all of them off my computer, and I'd rather not do it again, but right now I'm like between the sword and the wall... I mean, it's not like I cannot open these applications the normal way, but it's obviously not as convenient.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1511, compilation 10586.633, in case you need a bit more info.

I think this is all I need to know. Thanks in advance for any response!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since the most recent version of win 10, it should now remember what apps you have on your profile and not reinstall them if/when they get updates.
But since you still on version 1511 which is the November 2015 version, it is hard to say. If you updated to curators edition, it might not reinstall them all since it might keep registry settings.

current version is 1703, Build 15063.483