Tom's Hardware Steam Giveaway - Stardew Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016
General Info on How To Enter

• ■ These giveaways now span 2 full weeks instead of 1. This means there's more time for you to enter!
    ■ There are now two ways to enter to win! Each person can only win once.

• 1. Enter the raffle via the gleam widget. All we ask for there is a name and a contact email. There will only ever be 1 copy of the game up for grabs with this method.

2. Take part in the discussion in this thread! A discussion prompt will be provided each time. Just answer the prompt to be eligible to win! Eligible participants will be randomly selected to receive a copy of the game.
[widget="https://gleam.io/FDBiY/toms-hardware-steam-giveaway-stardew-valley", 800][/widget]

It's Friday at last! What better way to celebrate your newfound weekend freedom than with some free games! Up for grabs are three copies of Stardew Valley. For those new to the indie hit, Stardew Valley is the critically acclaimed country-life RPG and homage to Harvest Moon. It is one-man labor of love, and a game that is equally parts rich and meditating. Can you learn to live off the land and turn the overgrown virtual fields of Stardew Valley into a thriving home?

For your chance to win, enter the raffle above and answer the discussion prompt below. There will be one raffle winner and two discussion prompt winners.

And now, for the discussion prompt:

What's your favorite classic 16-bit game? Don't have one? What's your favorite life simulator? The Sims? Hatoful Boyfriend ;) Let us know and tell us what makes the game such a perfect escape from the analog world.

The Steam Giveaway will run until 12 p.m. EDT on Friday, July 28th. The game will be awarded to the winners as a Steam gift. A Steam account is required to receive the prize and play the game.

Rockergage

Reputable
Aug 4, 2014
My favorite classic 16-bit game is Mortal Combat 2 but i don't remember it well so my favorite life simulator is Sims 4 as i enjoyed being able to use the online already created characters and see how they acted with other people and compare them to real life.

JetFury

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
If I win this im gifting it to a buddy whos gifted me KOTOR, Dragon Age and Tomb Raider, Batman Arkham City, and Dead Space.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I'd have to say final fantasy 2 and 3 were my favorites. Along with Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana.

So many amazing childhood memories with my brother involved these games. Ogre battle too!!

Chucklefish is a great company and concerned ape so I've wanted stardew valley ever since I was into starbound, which I still play. I would be so grateful to win even just 1 copy. I love Tom's hardware and read every article.

Ridge363

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
An old snes simulator call Utopia. I was a combination of SimCity and an RTS. I haven't seen anything like it since.

Daevianw

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Probably my favorite 16-bit game has to be Final Fantasy VI, it touched all the right feeling and was a nice and long game to boot (and a big world to explore back in the day!" :p , the fact that they re-released it for steam and other platforms gives the chance for everyone to try it :3

My favorite 16-bit game was shadow of the beast in Amiga 500. Although I wasn't a proud owner of an Amiga 500, my closest friend had one and I've spent countless hours playing games in this classic home PC.

ddd1ddd

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Favorite 16 bit game is risk of rain, but that's not really a classic.... Obvious simulator choice is Harvest moon, whichever one was one the gamecube. Mostly been looking at stardew valley because I heard it recreates that little detailed farming world you can get lost in.

relicken

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
My favourite classic 16-bit game is Super Mario World. One of the best 90s kids' game in my opinion. Its the start and milestone for the many other fun games we have today.

GammaCollie

Commendable
Dec 23, 2016
My fav 16-bit game would be Street Fighter II. Super fun and can get pretty intense when playing with your siblings/friends.

Lufia games, Breath of Fire games, Seiken Densetsu\Mana games, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 1-6 & Mystic Quest, the NES\SNES\Gameboy Zeldas...

I loved them all. These were what made gaming such a big deal to me. Having played a lot of early DOS PC games, these were like a whole new universe of detail and story that a lot of those available in the earlier 80s didn't have.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
There are plenty of 16-bit era games that i've played but my most favorite is Crazy Cars III (1992).

While a though game to beat, there's plenty of features that make the gaming enjoyable and at times, frustrating too. :D
Few of the features include: non-visual damage to your car (except smoking when damage gets high), car upgrades (top speed, handling, boost etc), police pursuits, betting system (to increase payout if you win), different scenery for each race, traffic cars on the road, plenty of opponents (19 in every race), good sounds (for that era) etc.

Here's also a gameplay video with good explanations on how the game works. The video covers the 4th division while there's also 3rd, 2nd and 1st division to play through.
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlNRSYyz220"][/video]

Ryguy64

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
My favorite 16 bit game is probably Chrono Trigger. I have played Stardew Valley though, and enjoyed it. My daughter enjoyed it too. I'd like a second copy so we can play it multiplayer when that update is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.