My computer won't get into window 10

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
It just as the title said. My computer won't let me get into window 10 every time it boost. It repeatedly turning on and off whenever there power on but after a certain times of observing. It turning off every time it close to window 10.

Before this happen, my computer got BOOT_DEVICE_LED. I had try and do research and able to find out that it might be some problem with the hard ware so I have unplugged and plugged the Hard drive, CPU, GPU, RAM, I also try switched Ram slot and GPU slot. after that the computer start to get pass POST state and start to show something on the monitor. And that when the computer start repeatedly turning on and off again but this time it won't let me get into window 10

My spec
mobo: Asus z97-ar
Proc: i5-4690k
Vga: gtx 760 direct cu in
Psu evga 750w b2
Samsung ssd evo series
Old hdd taken from a laptop

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

It still not working. I had try this method before open this thread. I also did it again like you recommended but it still seem not working at all. so far all the part is good.

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

Nah I can't get into the BIOS, well I can but it just turn off the moment I am in BIOS withing 1 to 5 second. Also I have try removing GPU and used on board GPU but it not working either. I was contacted microsoft and they gave me a usb to boost window to reinstall but it seem not the window problem either. I have just concacted EVGA to get me replace the PSU.

have you made 100% sure your cpu cooler is attached properly, has the right amount of thermal paste and the fan is working? if it is a liquid cooler, can you confirm that you can hear the pump?

overheating cpu can cause what you are describing.

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

I'm using the air cooling, I do the exact step online to apply one little drop of thermal paste and place the air cooling on top but it still the same

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

the one that they gave me in the box. My processor is old it been 3 years already and the box come together a CPU intel cooler. Do you suspect it might be the problem because of the CPU fan ?

those stock ones arent always the easiest to attach to the board. did you look behind the board and make sure all 4 pins are fully hooked and they are locked correctly in the front?

LGA775install_clip.jpg

pin.jpg

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

Ah yes, It was hard to make it hook on my first time so I always look on the back every time I attach it to the motherboard and always make sure the 4 pin is in

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

Yea I did, to which It kinda kick me out half way. I am waiting till Monday and try contact Samsung and see if I can get replace a new hard drive for that.

Also another update: I had contact microsoft and one of the technician send me an email with instructions to how to create window 10 USB and install it. Basically when I plug in that flash drive it stopped the on-off cycle. So I try to fresh install window, well thing went well and I thought it was fine so I left and went downstairs to get a cup of tea. Came back up and the computer auto shut down again. Also after that happen, the computer won't stay up when I plug in my flash drive anymore.

silver11235

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017

I have one HDD, I kinda refer to install Window on my SSD but let me try on that HDD