720p Extremely Large, Won't fit on TV Screen?

Joukur

Prominent
Jul 15, 2017
Here is my TV Specs:
Horizontal Timing Total - 2200
Horizontal Timing Display - 1920
Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 88
Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 44
Vertical Timing Total - 1125
Vertical Timing Display - 1080
Vertical Timing Front Porch - 4
Vertical Timing Sync Width - 5
Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive
Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive
Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive
G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 148350
G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 59.9394
Current HDCP Status - Disabled
Current Link Settings - Not Available

My Graphics Card, Processor etc:
Radeon Software Version - 17.7.1
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Memory Size - 4096 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 970 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
System Memory - 8 GB
CPU Type - AMD Athlon(tm) X4 860K Quad Core Processor

Okay so, when i first made the pc it ran 720p Perfectly with no over sizing problems, no problems what so ever. However I came home from work, turned on the computer it was set to 1080p and was like a quarter the size of the tv screen I switched to 720p which is usually ran at and it was massive I could only see the screen that pops up saying, Do you want to keep these settings or revert. Once it reverted back to 1080p it was the full tv size but all the icons were and still are extremely small and same with the text, I have to run 1080p with 175% zoom on icons and text because it's impossible to use else.

However Games run completely fine in 720p with no problems what so ever My gfx card doesn't stutter, crash or run into any problems when in 720 or 1080.

It's so confusing because I don't understand why it can run prefect 720 then suddenly change and refuse to fit it into the screen? I've checked my TV settings however because it is a little old it doesn't have all those scaling options and such. Keep in mind this is a HD TV not a monitor. I use HDMI. Always have. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.