Computer freezing mid game, wild static buzzing

Bill2002

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Alright, this is a new one for me. I was on Discord with a few friends, talking to them and playing BeamNG drive, when all of a sudden my PC froze, with this eerie buzzing/screeching noise that was quite loud filled my headphones, I mean this was the stuff you hear in the movies, it was very odd and I've never heard a computer make this noise before. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this? I'm legitimately scared to put my headphones back on and play a game, that noise was quite unsettling and loud. Open to suggestions.
It may be my CPU overheating but in that cause wouldn't it blue screen? I remember my Xbox 360 making a similar noise while playing Half life 2 on it like 6 years ago, and that was because of the CPU overheating. I have a hyper T4 that is sitting loose on my 7600k and I've been worried about it for a while.

Solution
Check your temps using Hmonitor while playing a game. Take a pick and post it. This said a single crash could be nothing but a programing error. If it occurs tho with high temps or ever few days then you need to test your hardware.
Check your temps using Hmonitor while playing a game. Take a pick and post it. This said a single crash could be nothing but a programing error. If it occurs tho with high temps or ever few days then you need to test your hardware.

Solution