USA to Romania

gameforce54

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
Hey guys ! I'm sorry if i pick wrong category to discuss that.
I'm going to receive a full Pc without case from USA , Nevada and i'm in Romania.
How can i calculate all the Duty Taxes ? And if you have some advices for packaging and transportation , i'm glad to take it. Thanks guys !

gameforce54

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
My godparents will sent me one , like a gift ... They bought all the parts , except case and they will send the package. So,how can i calculate all the duty Taxes ? And if you have some advices for packaging and transportation , i'm glad to take it.Thanks !

@Gameforce54,

Before initiating the shipping: Find out what are custom regulations in Romania. Probably there won't be import duties (in most of EU computer parts are with zero import duty), there will be VAT (Google says it's 24% on goods value plus shipping), and it is up to you to pay it on declared value.

Find out local forums where people who have done that share their experience. If you're minor, it will be best if your parent is the receiver.

gameforce54

Prominent
Jun 19, 2017
I was interested in that , an there in Romania , if you take the package as a"legal person" or the package will be sent by a "legal person" you pay the 19% VAT , if you take as a "individual person" you pay only the 3.3% import duty tax , for electronics . What do you think is the best shipping method ? UPS ? Yeah ? I'm 15 y old , my dad will take it for me ( if you are minor you need more documents to take the permission from your parent ...etc.) Thanks sir !

As for shipping - again, it depends on what's the best for your country. UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS are equally good for export.

That's why I have recommended checking with local forums - what to include in the box, in the invoice, in the packing list. It also depends on where you live, up to the point on whether the local customs officer' favorite team lost last night' soccer game.