Using 2 different screens with different Hz

LuboDai

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
So my problem is that i have a 144hz monitor behind my GTX 1080 with DVI-E cable, and i have a secondary monitor which is 60hz. That's why i wanted to use the secondary monitor via motherboards integrated graphics card with HDMI cable, but windows isn't detecting my secondary monitor at all even though I enabled the "multi screen"-option from BIOS. I saw that the version was "N/A", but I can't install integrated graphics card drivers, without it removing my GTX 1080 drivers now can I?

I've checked that my second screen is using the HDMI-option, but it's not detecting signal.

what should i do to get it to work. Help pls...

( Both of the screens worked when i used them with my graphics card, but that's not working perfectly because of the different refresh rate of the monitors.)

LuboDai

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
Naah. That's what I've heard. I also heard my friend is running it like that. If i put both of my screens behind my 1080, it will cause screen tearing and it will mess with my refresh rate. ( It would bring down my main screen's refresh rate)

nmb255

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I still don't think you can run your integrated graphics and your GPU card at the same time to drive 2 displays.

But you're friend seems to be able to do it. So why ask here, why not ask you're friend how he did it ;)

nmb255

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
okay well a bit more clicking and it seems you can. If you have the right combination of CPU, BOIS/UEFI and Motherboard.

So I sit corrected, and live and learn.

I guess you're out of luck if it isn't working for you.

LuboDai

Prominent
Jul 16, 2017
God dammit. Okay I assume i can't do it then. Let's change the subject a bit then. If i plug both screens into my 1080, Is there a way to keep my main screen at 144hz, while the other screen runs at 60hz? And can i somehow minimize the screen tearing? Or do i just have to live with it. If possible, I don't want to bring down my 144hz on my main screen because i sort of play competetively. thanks for any advises beforehand.

PS. Just to be more specific, i don't use the second monitor for gaming, just for browsing internet and stuff. I've given a bit of thought to streaming, and having a second monitor would help a lot in that.