Dots On Laptop Screen

Jun 23, 2017
Hi,

this is second time I've got this weird screen glitch. At different colors I see these dots that flicker
uHKHbVS.jpg

I took picture above with my phone, it doesn't show up on screenshot, look.
smMOcIM.png

Another example
rvuqHip.jpg
0AKQy85.png

Might be worth noting I'm using windows night mode (reduces blue light) and it has only happened 2x, both times with that setting on.

Also, the first time it happened it was after 20 min render in Blender (I rendered with CPU) and today (all pictures are from today) it was when I had laggy, long tab on Chrome opened.

All drivers should be up to date.

BIOS Version 79CN49WW(V3.08)
BIOS Starting Address Segment e000
BIOS Release Date 08/06/2014
SKUNumber LENOVO_MT_20238
Family IDEAPAD
Manufacturer LENOVO
Chassis Type Notebook
Version Lenovo G510
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz
Processor Voltage 88h - 0.8V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 2400MHz
Current Speed 2400MHz
GPU AMD Radeon R7 M265 1 GB
OS Windows 10 Home (x64)
RAM 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 798,2 MHz
Memory Modules: Ramaxel Technology RMT3170ME68F9F1600 4 GB 800 MHz

(Here is all info about my PC I could collect, 'cause last time I didn't post I guess everything, guy was pissed.)

Also today I did clean install of Windows from USB

Edit: The dots just came back, tried to turn off night mode, didn't help so that's not the cause.

Edit 2: The dots stay at same place of the image, for example if I scroll down a page, they always appear on same parts of the image.

Solution
Check your monitor cable first. Try it with another if you have one for same wattage.
Next, try plugging directly into the motherboard instead of into your gpu and boot into safe mode (on-board graphics). Do you still see the same dots?
If not, then possibly your video card is going and you may need either better cooling or a replacement. If you do see the same dots, and it's not your cable, then it could be something with your monitor itself. If you have another monitor, try hooking it up to your card and seeing if you have the same artifacts.

Sedivy

Estimable
Check your monitor cable first. Try it with another if you have one for same wattage.
Next, try plugging directly into the motherboard instead of into your gpu and boot into safe mode (on-board graphics). Do you still see the same dots?
If not, then possibly your video card is going and you may need either better cooling or a replacement. If you do see the same dots, and it's not your cable, then it could be something with your monitor itself. If you have another monitor, try hooking it up to your card and seeing if you have the same artifacts.

Solution
Jun 23, 2017

Hi and thanks for reply,

I am not that kind of expert to look into cables on my laptop. And I don't have any other monitor atm, but I'll try to try that out. The GPU is pretty possible I guess, I had some problems with it.