Looking for a low budget Design/Gaming display.

Evanonian

Reputable
May 24, 2014
Hello all,

I'm starting college soon for Digital Media and Design and my current panels are going on seven years old and they're looking gross in terms of color accuracy. I was looking into budget IPS panels with the best possible delta levels for the price without sacrificing too much response time, and this is what I've found after several hours of poking around.

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-VC239H-Widescreen-Backlight-Monitor/dp/B0186NJGSO

What I'm looking for:

- IPS Panel (I hear they're good for color accuracy and design work.)
- Decent Response Time (I also game a lot.)
- I'd prefer DVI and HDMI connectivity because my GTX 970 SSC doesn't have two HDMI ports.
- 23-24" range (I don't have tons of space to work with.)
- VESA Wall Mountable (I need this, 100% and can't do without.)

I currently game on a 23" DVI-I Acer display (4ms) with a 19" ViewSonic secondary display (?ms) that is currently VGA converted to HDMI so I'm not very picky as long as there is no ghosting.This was a lot of information to type out so I hope I made it easy for ya'll to understand, I look forward to your suggestions and feedback!

Regards,

P.S. - Here is a picture of my humble setup just so you can see what kind of space I have and what I'm working with.
c812e00a202888972708d56e32a75aa2.jpg

Solution
Oh, my bad, I actually didn't see that you posted a monitor! :eek:
No good design monitors are VESA mountable in that price range i'm afraid, they're all around the $250 mark for good SRGB coverage panels.
However, both are very good, it's more a matter of which you'd prefer, the difference in image quality isn't anything to call home about, not that big a consideration.
I feel the slim one you posted would probably be a better fit in that regard for VESA mounting, so that probably takes priority.

Evanonian

Reputable
May 24, 2014

Hey Chugalug!

My 970 has...

1 x Dual-link DVI-I
1 x HDMI 2.0
3 x DisplayPort 1.2

Evanonian

Reputable
May 24, 2014

That looks pretty similar to what I posted sorry if this sounds ignorant but for learning purposes do mind pointing out to me why it's better? Secondly, do you know how good the color accuracy on this monitor is since it needs to be good for digital/print work as well as gaming. Thirdly, will I notice any ghosting at 5ms do you think?

Oh, my bad, I actually didn't see that you posted a monitor! :eek:
No good design monitors are VESA mountable in that price range i'm afraid, they're all around the $250 mark for good SRGB coverage panels.
However, both are very good, it's more a matter of which you'd prefer, the difference in image quality isn't anything to call home about, not that big a consideration.
I feel the slim one you posted would probably be a better fit in that regard for VESA mounting, so that probably takes priority.

Solution

Evanonian

Reputable
May 24, 2014

Do you think I'll notice much ghosting going from 4ms to 5ms? I play a lot of FPS and high movement games, I don't notice any ghosting on my current setup.