Issues with HP laptop

Sovereignty-

Commendable
Jul 17, 2017
Hello! I have come to this forum because I am at a loss and I have no idea what is wrong with my laptop.

I've had it for 3 years and the problem first started a week ago. My laptop's cursor began to blink out of the blue. At first, the blinking was slow and periodic, the problem going away after a couple minutes without me having to restart it. A day goes by and the blinking starts getting faster and I have to restart it if I want it to go away, the problem going away only for a minute or two before it starts back up again. This isn't the only problem, though. When the cursor would blink, the laptop became unresponsive and it slowed down dramatically. I'd click on tabs to open them only for them to not open until I clicked on another tab. When I right-clicked the windows icon to shut it down, it would take a couple seconds to open the options. When it finally opened, it was just a box. Dragging my cursor along the box would cause the options to appear.

My laptop was pretty unusable in its current state, so I went to a computer tech. They say it's Windows malfunctioning, so they wipe my laptop. I get it back and it's fine, no blinking or anything. I'm halfway done installing back all my software to find the problem is back. What does it sound like to you guys?

Solution
Hi, the problem might be the software that you are installing, one of the drivers, or a general Windows issue with one of the services or background programs.

When the cursor is blinking and the PC slows down, open the Task Manager (right click on the taskbar and open it from the menu) and report back on how much CPU, Memory, and Disk usage there is (percent). Also sort the colums by CPU, Memory, and Disk, (click on the column titles) and if you see a program/service that is taking up a unusually high percentage then reply back here with the title of that program/service. If it's a Service Host, then click on the arrow beside of it and provide info about what all is listed under it.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, the problem might be the software that you are installing, one of the drivers, or a general Windows issue with one of the services or background programs.

When the cursor is blinking and the PC slows down, open the Task Manager (right click on the taskbar and open it from the menu) and report back on how much CPU, Memory, and Disk usage there is (percent). Also sort the colums by CPU, Memory, and Disk, (click on the column titles) and if you see a program/service that is taking up a unusually high percentage then reply back here with the title of that program/service. If it's a Service Host, then click on the arrow beside of it and provide info about what all is listed under it.

Solution