Uhd 30hz monitor

Joel_87

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hi I brought a new 2nd hand uhd monitor but it only runs 4k at 30 Hz, 1080p at 60hz which doesn't worry me as u can't game in 4k anyway on a 1050ti.i was just wondering if I've got windows set to 4k but set my games at 1080 will I be getting 30 or 60 frames?

Solution

please read the question:
Ok thanks the reason I asked is because I was getting a lot of mouse lag even on 1080 @ 60 Hz but I just found a setting on the actual monitor saying enable displayport 1.2 and that seemed to fix it. Bf1 played smooth until I changed windows back to uhd and the monitor said it's at 1080 30hz. Is there any way around this?

this means he already able to run it fine, but seems to have trouble after playing games

@OP, well games can resize the resolution, but sometimes after u play games, the resolution didn't change back (maybe that's why the only thing that changes are refresh rate, u should be...
what fps u get depends on the GPU's power, not the monitor's refresh rate
what the monitors gives u though, do depends on it's refresh rate

u will get the 60 btw, since when u change to 1080p in game, the monitor resolution during the gaming session will change to that too

Joel_87

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Ok thanks the reason I asked is because I was getting a lot of mouse lag even on 1080 @ 60 Hz but I just found a setting on the actual monitor saying enable displayport 1.2 and that seemed to fix it. Bf1 played smooth until I changed windows back to uhd and the monitor said it's at 1080 30hz. Is there any way around this?

if i recall correctly u can change it from windows control panel
right click the desktop window > screen resolution > change the refresh rate

please read the question:

this means he already able to run it fine, but seems to have trouble after playing games

@OP, well games can resize the resolution, but sometimes after u play games, the resolution didn't change back (maybe that's why the only thing that changes are refresh rate, u should be able to change it manually)

Solution

I didn't understood his question completely as it wasn't coherent enough (the initial question). So his 4K monitor can only run at 30Hz...