1440p gaming display

Blacklist23

Prominent
Jun 28, 2017
I have a newly built I7 7700k 1080 sc 8gb and 32gb ram pc first this should play at 1440p (I hope) and if so what monitor would you go with for this rig ? Sorry if I missed and thing I'm new to pc gaming.

Solution

Since you have EVGA you might as well consider upgrading to the 1080ti with their step-up program? (I have no clue what this is, just going off what other users said.) I was using my 1080Ti yesterday at 1440p during PUBG with everything Ultra, and I was getting about an average 80+ FPS. Depending on what games, resolution, and quality you play will depend if you really need the upgrade. If you're playing something like CSGO, I doubt it would matter since the game compared to Arma 3 (lets say) takes way more umph to get what you want.

Pokererere1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
You should be able to play most things at decently high settings with a 1080, I personally recommend this monitor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0149QBOF0/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It is a TN panel, but I honestly haven't been able to tell a big difference between my other two IPS monitors. It is 144Hz, with G-Sync (If you'd like that, personally can tell the difference and I am in love.) 27" is a really big size, but personally it's the perfect size. Big step up from a couple of throw away monitors, just got mine set up last night and I can't wait to keep gaming on it.

Pokererere1

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017

Since you have EVGA you might as well consider upgrading to the 1080ti with their step-up program? (I have no clue what this is, just going off what other users said.) I was using my 1080Ti yesterday at 1440p during PUBG with everything Ultra, and I was getting about an average 80+ FPS. Depending on what games, resolution, and quality you play will depend if you really need the upgrade. If you're playing something like CSGO, I doubt it would matter since the game compared to Arma 3 (lets say) takes way more umph to get what you want.

Solution
Check out the HDR monitors since your balls to the wall already. The new GSynch 144Hz 4K monitors will be the best option. You can ONLY invest in GSynch, as FreeSync will default to just VSync and you won't get the benefit, if you want to avoid screen tearing, lags, etc. as the OUTPUT goes UP and DOWN during game play which you want the monitor to stay in SYNC with those frames.