i7 7500 enough?

Adam_259

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
im going to study aeriospace engineering in a year and im looking for a laptop thats light has great battery and is powerful enough to run 3d software and adobe. i found a few options and found the hp spectra x360 15. i love everything about it except it has dual core i7 which is really bugging me because im not sure its going to be enough. the razor blade stealth was also a laptop i really liked but because i live in the netherlands thats not an option.
the specs of the hp:
i7 7500u
1 tb ssd
940mx
16 gb ram
is this going to be enough or should i settle for a quad core i7 on the dell xps 15 ( which im not that big a fan of)

That depends on ur usage. That dual core cpu is enough if u just open n work in a single software at a time. If u use a simulation, open part model in a designer and do heavy multitasking, u will need a quad core cpu with loads of ram like min 12gb. I am thinking u will be running the simulations in the workstations there and use ur laptop for just viewing the results, in that case the u series cpu is enough. And yes the ssd is a must to open big softwares with lots of plugins and big files. So I would say ur choice above is perfect.