2001 seville 4.6 162,000 miles. She boils over...it has passed block test

GarysView

Prominent
Jul 19, 2017
still runs very hot releases the 18psi pressure cap. I have replaced Cap, t-stat- water pump, radiator- flushed system, removed heater hoses and flushed, checked the fan relays and opperating temps . fans kick in at 209 degrees and high speed kicks in at 218 degrees. double checked t-stat and it works properly. whats next EGR Valve. air pumps relays, runs about 20 mins before i have issues.

Solution
Think about reasons the Seville is getting hot - not about why cooling is failing.

I once had a vehicle that starting running hot. Discovered ( to keep the story short) that one of the cooling hoses was made in two layers. Coolant got in between the layers, created an internal bulge (yes - inside the hose), and blocked the coolant flow.

Only found the problem when removing the hoses, again, and got burned by hot coolant spilling from the bulge/bubble inside the hose.

Ralston18

Titan
Think about reasons the Seville is getting hot - not about why cooling is failing.

I once had a vehicle that starting running hot. Discovered ( to keep the story short) that one of the cooling hoses was made in two layers. Coolant got in between the layers, created an internal bulge (yes - inside the hose), and blocked the coolant flow.

Only found the problem when removing the hoses, again, and got burned by hot coolant spilling from the bulge/bubble inside the hose.

Solution