Windows cannot boot after installing HDD into another PC

Mike Rook

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hello,

I can understand putting HDD into completely different system is confusing for OS, but I have no idea, what to do now.
I have removed HDD from old PC to a new one.
I can choose from 2 options: Boot normally or repair.
Boot normally just makes the PC restart in a loop and repair does not work. I tried reparing the system using install USB. When I press search for drivers, I can see the HDD in PC with all files, so the disc can be loaded, thus should not be damaged psysically. When press repair while using the USB boot, it fails and in details I found an error 0x80070002. This error should be related with windows update from what I found on the web. Well...
I have no clue what to do, I dont want to reinstall the system, if possible. I know that would be probably the easiest option...

this is what usually happens when you try to put a HDD with a windows install in a completely different computer. you have no options to get that old windows install to boot in the new PC. you will have to do a clean install of windows and if your copy of windows 7 is an OEM version then you will need a valid key to reactivate it. and of corse you will need to backup any important filescause a clean install will erase them from the HDD

USAFRet

Titan

Time for a clean install.

Mike Rook

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
It is W7.

Ok, thank you, guys. I thought it would end up like this. I was just wondering whether there is another solution.