Games are crashing my windows 7 PC (need Help)

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Well, I'm having problem PC ( game wise of course). Ok, this problem has been going on for a few hours and started Wednesday, my game Need For Speed: Rivals was crashing on me and I didn't know why. Now all my games are crashing The Crew, Armored Warfare Not even sure if Minecraft is going to Crashing but that's not the only thing that happens. My PC goes down after this I thought that this was caused by the CPU losing it bonding so I cleaned it off and reapplied it the CPU everything was fine. Until I tried to Start a race then my game crash and my PC locks up, I don't what else to do I need help I may have to Defragment My drive to see if that does anything. I need help with this Problem.

Solution

Yes, as I had even said when you asked the question with the picture of your screws, however you asked "whats the best case for your PSU", being that the size/pattern is standard any good quality case is good, from companies such as Corsair, In Win, Fractal Design, NZXT, Coolermaster.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Yes, the other member is also that same tread is also having the same problem

System specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 455 Rana 45nm Technology

RAM: G.Skill 4GB (2 X) Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 800MHz (Translation I have eight gigs of RAM)

Montherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-MA785GM-US2H

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (EVGA)

PSU: Antec EarthWatts 650W

I've already tested the RAM modules one by one and are all working fine.

Update: I have an update on that PSU I bought that Antec EarthWatts EA650 back in 11/9/2010. In a way that PSU is over like what 6 or 7 years old now, I guess I'm over due for a new PSU.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

That's what I was thinking I was looking for one earlier this evening and that another member T-K was having the same problem too.Well I know one thing that's for sure at least it wasn't affecting Minecraft or audio-surf 2 that would be really really bad for me.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Whoa, with helping T-K with his problem I forgot to give my report. You were right the PSU was going out and I had it replace with a new one, however, wished that it would've fitted. I had to destroy all but one of the screw holes on my pc case for it to fit I took a picture of it show you (well if you can see it that is.).

HxHJVh7.jpg

Anyway, I bought the EVGA Supernova 650 G2 with an 80 plus gold rating on it so I'm good.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

I know I get it I need a new Case now but, what case would be good for EVGA Supernova 650 G2? The Case I have a Logisys case 51. Matter of fact what type of screw pattern does the EVGA Supernova 650 G2 have?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

That answers that question, Logisys makes junk. All good (and even bad) PSUs have the same screw pattern based on the ATX standard. The problem here was the case, there is no "good case for and EVGA G2", any case would be fine, all PSUs are basically set up the same.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

How so? The PSU was a bit too tall for the case if I had the chance to buy a case all those years back I wouldn't this case all if I had known that I would need to replace PSU in the future.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I don't understand the confusion here. All PSUs follow an ATX standard, they are dimensionally (Height and width) made exactly the same, as well as their screw pattern. The only difference is some high wattage PSUs are longer than others. The only reason an ATX PSU would have a hard time fitting in an ATX case is if that case was poorly manufactured and didn't fit the standard exactly.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

You mean like my case right? And sorry if I'm causing any confusion about this but I understand what you're saying, every PC case (good or bad) have the same standard ATX setup all the way down to the screws holes and that the only way that the power supply wouldn't fit in a case was because that it was poorly manufactured. And I guess my case fell into that category right or am I getting that wrong?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Yes, as I had even said when you asked the question with the picture of your screws, however you asked "whats the best case for your PSU", being that the size/pattern is standard any good quality case is good, from companies such as Corsair, In Win, Fractal Design, NZXT, Coolermaster.

Solution

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Okay, those are some very good PC cases would other cases like Rosewill, Thermaltake, Zalman, Cougar, Silverstone, and DIYPC work as well? I mean I know that these case manufacturers don't make the best cases but I think they should be included as well.

ITsonic

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010

Ok, I see I'll give you an update when I buy the PC case and I'll let you the the PSU fits.