Solved

Cannot Find WiFi Connection Via Network Adapter on Win10

A bit of info.

I have not been using my PC for around 2-3 months due to travel commitments etc, worth noting that there was no issues before.

I turned it on yesterday to find that it can no longer connect to the my broadband connection. It also sometimes barely can find my broadband connection but will find other nearby. Rather strangely when it does eventually show up in the list i will try to connect and get a 'Cant Connect to this Connection' Error then it will disappear from the list completely

There is no issues with any other devices connecting to the internet so this leads me to believe that it is a Win10 problem or Network Adapter problem. i'm desperately looking for some advice here.
I am using a TP Link TL-WN823N Network adapter.

Also unfortunately right now it is not possible for me to use an ethernet.

Heres what i've tried
update adapter driver software by automatic search

update adapter driver software by downloading from TP Links website and manually choosing

roll back adapter driver

Uninstall and Delete driver data then restart computer

I would appreciate any help on this as i've been struggling with this weird issue for a while and cant seem to find a solution for this problem. Is the solution to just get another Network adapter?
I understand if there's not enough info here so happy to provide any more info if needed so i can get this fixed! Thanks again,
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about find wifi connection network adapter win10
  1. try this: (my os is not english so dont know if it is called that exactly)
    in device management rightclick->update driver->look on the pc->let me choose from a list->now you should have multiple options, try them out one by one and se if it changed anything.
  2. birne said:
    try this: (my os is not english so dont know if it is called that exactly)
    in device management rightclick->update driver->look on the pc->let me choose from a list->now you should have multiple options, try them out one by one and se if it changed anything.


    Hi,
    thanks for your reply, i have tried this now on all the options and sadly didnt help
  3. okay, wifi has 2 bands, do you have a cell phone that can do wifi? does it see the router ?
    what is the adaptor in question ? make/model?

    click on icon to the right of your time/date icon in toolbar, then select all settings, in the search type device manager
    goto network devices, right click on the WIFI device and remove/delete, and remove drivers. now reboot
    come back to this location and the system should reload a fresh copy of the drivers, does it work then ?
  4. The Paladin said:
    okay, wifi has 2 bands, do you have a cell phone that can do wifi? does it see the router ?
    what is the adaptor in question ? make/model?

    click on icon to the right of your time/date icon in toolbar, then select all settings, in the search type device manager
    goto network devices, right click on the WIFI device and remove/delete, and remove drivers. now reboot
    come back to this location and the system should reload a fresh copy of the drivers, does it work then ?




    Hi,
    Yes my cellphone and other devices such as laptop/PS4 can see the connection and connect no problem. It is just my pc that is using a TP Link TL-WN823N Network adapter.
    I Have tried uninstalling and rebooting already unfortunately
  5. you said uninstalling driver, I asked you to remove the device from the device manager, not the same thing btw
  6. The Paladin said:
    you said uninstalling driver, I asked you to remove the device from the device manager, not the same thing btw


    Hi yes sorry thats what i meant. i have uninstalled the device through the device manager
  7. Best answer
    okay

    1. what version of the dongle do you have V1 or V2 Ie look on labelTL-WN823N V1/V2 for model'

    2 I ask in 1. because V1 only has a windows 8 driver V2 has a Windows 10
    2a. unplug the USB device from computer.
    2b. go to http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/TL-WN823N_V2.html#Driver and get the official driver from web site corresponding, with the model of usb dongle you own.

    3. DO NOT PLUG IT IN until the driver is Installed FIRST (important)

    4. Plug that dongle into a different USB plug you had it in , let windows install the files for it.

    Note if you have V1 get the Windows 8 drivers and install those they will work under win 10
Ask a new question

Read More

Network Access VIA Drivers WiFi and Home Networking Connection windows 10