Windows applications won't connect to the internet

ICMoveMent

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I have an issue where every application that's integrated with windows 10 from the troubleshooter, to the windows store app, to the email app won't connect to the internet giving me error codes like '0x80072EE7' (windows store).

All non integrated applications work fine, connecting to the internet with no issues, it's just windows applications that will not connect, which leads me to believe its an account issue maybe? Although I can't even sign into the online windows account on my laptop, it just tells me "Something wen't wrong, try again later".

I have tried the windows store reset and it did nothing, any ideas?

baconjh

Reputable
Apr 23, 2014
Few ideas gathered from the net:

Hit Win+X, select Command Prompt (Administrator) from the menu. Enter the command "sfc /scannow"
If that doesn't work, right click on your network icon in the system tray (bottom right of the screen), and open the Network and Sharing Centre. On the left, click Change Adapter Settings. Double-click on the network adapter that you're using, click Properties, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (it's in the list), and select "Use the following DNS server addresses". Then enter these two IP addresses into the two boxes below: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. These are the Google public DNS servers.

Hope this helps!

ICMoveMent

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017

thanks for the reply! I have tried both steps, for the first step I got "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." when I ran sfc /scannow into CMD. I had also already tried the second step from using other advice online but this also did not work, any more suggestions?

I have also learnt that even Microsoft edge won't connect to the internet but Chrome and I.E. will.

Its such a strange issue, looks to be a problem with Microsoft account settings but it wont even let me sign into an online account as it wont connect to the internet.