Pin to Start Menu problem

CB Hilarious

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015
I recently reinstalled windows and got this problem which I can't pin or unpin anything from the start menu.

When I pin any apps, it doesn't appear and nothing happens. When I unpin any of the apps which are already pinned, it disappears but still shows the button "Unpin from Start". After awhile, everything goes back to original with the apps I already pinned.

I tried reinstalling windows 10 again but still got this problem. I tried doing sfc /scannow, it didn't find any problems. Please help me fix this obnoxious problem.

Solution
Im not an expert on Windows 10, but could the start menu be locked? And thus you are unable to make changes? I know in terms unpinning items, if its anything related to a windows feature or option, such as the store and such, it will automatically pin them back to the start menu (essentially mandatory bloatware).

snurp85

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Im not an expert on Windows 10, but could the start menu be locked? And thus you are unable to make changes? I know in terms unpinning items, if its anything related to a windows feature or option, such as the store and such, it will automatically pin them back to the start menu (essentially mandatory bloatware).

Solution

CB Hilarious

Reputable
Apr 10, 2015

I don't think the start menu is locked, there might be some corruption but I'm not sure. It crashes every time when I move the tiles.