windows 10 memory leak

so, for a while now I have had constant memory leaks, which used to be not so bad and would go up to 2 gb out of my 8 which is still a lot but now its regularly on 3 and goes up to 4.5 making it unbearable as I lag in games. I'm pretty sure the specs don't matter in this scenario but if you do need them just ask me and ill give you a msinfo32, a dxdiag and my specs. I have tried SO MANY fixes, from adwcleaner to ccleaner to changing the value of stuff in regedit... it used to fix itself if I restarted the pc, it would comeback in a couple hours but now when I reset its 500 mb but starts climbing immediately at about 100 mb per 3 seconds up to 4.5 gb and then it goes back down. can anyone shed some light on this?

p.s.
I have been told that razer stuff does it but If I don't have razer sypanase on I littearly cant use my keyboard (it wont change language), and my drivers are up to date from what I know (my sound card does not have updates anymore if I'm not wrong and my nivida are updated regularly as well as razer sypnase and java.

norune

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
What you are describing sounds like the usual caching of your most used programs to the windows memory system.
Normally once you start an application ( game etc) it should refresh the memory depending on your use liberating memory if the program you run is not "cached".
If you do not have errors in your hardware ( ok memtest86) and you are experiencing lags in games that you didn't before, then you will probably have to start to search for eventually software / hardware issues.
Tip: check your graphic card cooling, CPU calling and case cooling.

you have to use poolmon.exe to find the pool tag that used the excessive non paged pool. then you need to look in pooltag.txt for the tag name to find the name of the driver associated with the tag.

you have to get the poolmon.exe from the windows ddk.

you could also change the memory dump to kernel, then google on how to force a memory dump from a keyboard. Make the registry changes and force a memory dump. Then have someone look at the kernel memory dump in the windows debugger and sort the memory usage by non paged pool to find the pool tag.

after you get the pool tag you can search for the driver via this method:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/298102/how-to-find-pool-tags-that-are-used-by-third-party-drivers

if you have not turned off windows updates, then the memory leak will most likely be in 3rd party device drivers. Most people would just update the motherboard bios and the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website as a first attempt at a fix.

I would love if you could give me more in detail help on what I should do because that answer is one of the things I saw somewhere but didn't know what the heck to do. thanks in advance, and ill try to check this more frequently (sorry for the 2 day delay)

norune

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010

How do you know you have memory leaks? Is it from reading the memory used in task manager or is it from some other tool ?

TRENDING THREADS