Windows 10 Keeps asking for activation (even though its activated)

VulkanDX

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
I bought a HP desktop which came with Windows 10 Enterprise Edition 64 Bit (activated by HP)
i had it for over 6 months now and today its poping up a dialog (you need to activate Windows 10)

and when i go to the activation panel its says that my system has been already activated and it doesn't allow me to put a new key(clicking 'new key' doesn't do anything) yet that dialog keeps poping. and its very annoying when playing games

Solution

It is telling you that it is 'currently' activated, but will expire 'soon'.
Enterprise license needs to talk to a corporate license server for its continuing activation.
You were sold a bogus OS.

Time for you to go back to the store where you bought it, or buy your own OS license.
And since you can't buy a personal Enterprise license, anything else (Home or Pro) will require a full reinstall.

USAFRet

Titan

If it is actually activated, it will not ask.
An Enterprise license will expect to be talking to a corporate server on a regular basis for its activation.

Where did you buy this HP desktop? Brand new from HP?

VulkanDX

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

Sorry about the completely misleading title and post. my PC is an arabic and i had trouble translating the message to english(as english isnt my native language)

the message correctly translate to : Your Windows Licence Will Expire Soon, go to settings to activate
but as i said in the most. it says in the settings that my system IS activated. even in Computer > Properties it says the same thing
Oh and my friend got it from Amazon and i bought it from him but it was brand new (not used) and i don't really know how Amazon works but i guess it is from HP

USAFRet

Titan

It is telling you that it is 'currently' activated, but will expire 'soon'.
Enterprise license needs to talk to a corporate license server for its continuing activation.
You were sold a bogus OS.

Time for you to go back to the store where you bought it, or buy your own OS license.
And since you can't buy a personal Enterprise license, anything else (Home or Pro) will require a full reinstall.

Solution

john_408

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016