HELP: Using 2 displays 1 is 4k the other is 1080P. One monitor (4k) shows up @30hz the other @60hz

eliassami5

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Hey everyone,

I need some help in figuring out why both of my monitors are running different refresh rates.
Before i hooked up both monitors, i had the 4k running by itself @ 60hz.

Now that i hooked up an additional 1080p monitor, my 4k monitor runs @ 30hz and the 1080p monitor runs @ 60hz.

My video card is a Gigabyte AUROS 1080TI extreme edition, so I have no doubt it can run both of these monitors in 4k if that was the case.

I am running windows 10 with the latest updates.

I have tried changing refresh rate settings via Nvidia control panel but my 4k monitor is locked at 30hz.

I am looking forward to your replies to get this figured out.

Thank you

Solution
Could I ask what connectors you are using for each monitor (graphics card's DisplayPort, motherboard's HDMI...)?

I'd check both outputs are coming from the graphics card, and that you're using DisplayPort for the 4k monitor initially.

Barnox

Honorable
Jul 22, 2017
Could I ask what connectors you are using for each monitor (graphics card's DisplayPort, motherboard's HDMI...)?

I'd check both outputs are coming from the graphics card, and that you're using DisplayPort for the 4k monitor initially.

Solution