Opinions on seasonic s12ii?

Akuichi

Prominent
May 25, 2017
So hello I'm planning to buy this psu for my build because I need to have a reliable psu.
A8-6600k
MSI gtx 1050 ti gaming x
3 hdd
Im also planning to use 2 or more case fans in the future
Is this psu reliable and should I get the 520w or 620w version?
Thanks guys

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
the seasonic s12II is my high quality budget friendly PSU suggestion. it is a high quality unit and I would use it in any system.
sometimes the prices are within dollars of each other in which case get the 620W
if you like the idea of a modular PSU the M12II is the same unit but modular

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
Go for the CX450M/CX550M which can normally found at the same price/cheaper and a better power supply. Otherwise, for a budget unit the Seasonic is fine. 400w + of a quality unit will be enough.

Rock Solid, one of the best PSU's out when the model was new.

Still running 2 of them currently, one for over 7 years 24x7..... 620w.

The other for over 4 years 24x7.... 650w.

Seasonic is all that that I run, running an X-Series 650w in my new machine.

Akuichi

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Wow 7 years, should've bought the 2 years used for half the price haha

Yeah and it's still rock solid.

Seasonic is generally the best of the best.

bignastyid

Titan

The list is out of date and not likely to to be updated. The newer CXM(450,550 and 650) units are much better than their predecessors. However I personally wouldn't say that they are better than the S12II's as both units have their pros and cons. The CXMs use a newer DC-DC platform but use Teapo caps, the S12II is an older platform but uses better Rubycon and Nippon capacitors.

I figured that it was, but as you said. :D

Seasonic is still rock solid and one of the best, they are all that I use in my machines.

The new models are very nice, X-Series etc.

The list does need to be updated however to current as it is a valuable resource.