Unable to get past windows recovery loop

Duff Beer

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
My pc had encountered a error and it tells me to use recovery tool, the recovery tool in windows is corrupted or something, so I downloaded windows 10 installation media to use the recovery from there on a usb but every time I try and boot the install media usb it says it's in need of recovery. It gives me several errors including
0xc0000098
0xc0000211
0xx0000428
I basically can even use my computer so any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Hmm, I would run memtest86 on your ram sticks (one stick at a time, any errors are too many, stick needs to be removed if you get more than 0)
Its possible the errors caused by ram corrupting the files, as generally if you booting off USB, the files it should be using are on the USB and not SSD. Many install errors caused by ram.

Have you tried a different USB stick?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Error 0xC0000098 (Windows Boot Configuration Data file does not contain a valid OS entry)

0xc0000211 is a error indicating a image checksum error.

Check your hardware. Boot and run memtest.
The checksum recorded in the files does not match the calculated checksum of the file. Either the source file is corrupted or it is getting corrupted as it is being read from storage.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2788858/windows-problems-errors.html

0xx0000428 = https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-performance/black-screen-at-start-with-error-status-0x0000428/bd359b14-5710-4350-a700-4830fe592365

top and bottom refer to the Boot Config Data.its the files PC uses to boot windows, if its looking at USB and creating those errors, you need another ISO created.

Did you use windows media creation tool to create the USB or did you just put tool on the drive?
are you sure its booting off USB and not hdd? Those seem odd messages for a USB

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hmm, I would run memtest86 on your ram sticks (one stick at a time, any errors are too many, stick needs to be removed if you get more than 0)
Its possible the errors caused by ram corrupting the files, as generally if you booting off USB, the files it should be using are on the USB and not SSD. Many install errors caused by ram.

Have you tried a different USB stick?

Solution

Latest posts