FreeSync and NVIDIA graphics card compatibility?

Ch1nch

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
So I have a freesync 144hz monitor, and a GeForce GTX 1070. Is it still possible to achieve 144hz with this setup? I didn't realise that freesync was AMD when I bought it. The problem is, when I have 60hz selected, my monitor runs fine. When I select 144hz as an option, my screen starts bugging out a lot, so much that I cant really see whats going on on my screen, and then it also starts to go black and come back on a lot. Is this to do with the compatibility issues with freesync and NVIDIA or is it something else that is causing the problem? Also using a DVI dual connecter. Thanks.

Solution
I have a freesync asus monitor with a NVIDIA card as well. free sync isnt turned on by default and you have to explicitly set it. Also better use a DisplayPort (DP) cable for gettting the most out of your monitor for 144Mhz setting. Sometimes on troubleshooting, some monitors need to have its power cable unplugged and reattached while you have the display cable plugged to your PC to "rewire" your monitor to your PC. dont worry this is a one time thing :) and i dont need to use freesync and/or gsync with a high-end card anyways thats why i got the cheaper freesync monitor.
since u said u have issues on 144hz, that means the 144hz are the freesync refresh rate (which only compatible with AMD GPU) meaning that 144hz refresh rate can only be achieved using that feature, without it, u had to stick with the monitor's normal refresh rate (which i presume should be the 60hz one)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3000889/nvidia-card-freesync-monitor.html
a page about thing that u ask, should be able to explain it with much more detail

Ch1nch

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Thats what I was thinking, but it does actually let me select 144hz as an option and it does feel much smoother when using it. However it just seems to mess with my monitor and I have no idea how to fix it.

can u tell me the name of the monitor that u had, perhaps i can find some more info about it :)

Ch1nch

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
The monitor is the aoc g2460pqu. I actually just tried playing a game with 144hz now, and it is definitely working. Its just there is insane screen artifacting and flickering.

Ch1nch

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
It isnt the same problem no, and I am not using VGA, just DVI dual connecter. I don't still have the warranty so basically the only option is for me to fix the problem or I will have to buy a whole new monitor. I dont even think its the monitor thats the problem as 60hz works just fine,

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
I have a freesync asus monitor with a NVIDIA card as well. free sync isnt turned on by default and you have to explicitly set it. Also better use a DisplayPort (DP) cable for gettting the most out of your monitor for 144Mhz setting. Sometimes on troubleshooting, some monitors need to have its power cable unplugged and reattached while you have the display cable plugged to your PC to "rewire" your monitor to your PC. dont worry this is a one time thing :) and i dont need to use freesync and/or gsync with a high-end card anyways thats why i got the cheaper freesync monitor.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS