Cmd line error 105

Larryfos29

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Ok so I have a Dell Inspiron 17 7720 laptop that had a bad mother board.I replaced it with another one and all works fine now. I installed Windows 10 Pro and noticed that I get my screen flashing on so I went to the dell Website to make sure I have all the right drivers. It recommended a few updates and also showed A17 BIOS that could be used also. I downloaded the files and then tried to do the flash bios program and got the above error. Found software PC Scan and repaitr that was recommended and it did not resolve any issues, instead found some malware and wants my CC card to repair software errors (not happening). So my issues are flashing screen which I did not have with Lunix Mint and the command line error when trying to upgrade my BIOS. Thanks

Larryfos29

Prominent
May 25, 2017
The program is PC Scan and repair, and it wants the CC info to register their product which can repair some registry and other software issues.It did not say it would repair my issue and I did not give any CC info either. This is a fresh install, all of it started after I installed Windows 10, seems that it is a know issue with some of the computers . My BIOS version is a bit dated and I thought if I were to update to version A19 it may help.

Larryfos29

Prominent
May 25, 2017
Thanks Alabalcho I know this, it does not resolve my issue nor does it address the question as to why my screen flickers only when using Windows 10 Pro but works perfectly in Windows 7 ultimate. Drivers are supposedly current according to Dell so it has to have something to do with the new OS.