3 x 1080p 60hz on a single GTX 1080?

MontyInHD

Reputable
Nov 25, 2014
I'm thinking of upgrading my setup to 3x 1080p monitors for surround gaming and work and Im wondering if its possible whilst achieving over 60fps.

I'm mostly doing this because of games like BF1 and Star Citizen, so I'm just curious if its possible.

I could also go with a 1440p monitor if it wouldn't work out, put I really like the idea of surround gameplay.

Thanks for any help provided.

Solution
Then something has changed over the years. I could not get two Samsungs and an LG monitor to work when I tried it in 2012 with a single GTX 680. Nvidia's own website said this:

Special Instructions:
> 3D Vision Surround requires using three DVI or
three DisplayPort connectors.
> All monitors must be the same make and model for
3D Vision Surround.
> Using DisplayPort connectors may require the use
of DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI adapters. Please
consult your monitor's manual for supported
3D connectors.
> Center Display of the Surround group should be
connected to the card with most displays.
> Accessory Display must be connected to the card
with most number of displays.
> You can use any connector to enable the...
3x 1080p is 40% more pixels to push than a single 1440p monitor and is 75% of the pixels of 4K. You'll get 75+ FPS in BF1. In most games you will be fine, but if you play Dues Ex or Watchdogs 2, you'll be under 60FPS. Also keep in mind each card handles different outputs to multiple displays differently. You may need to get active adapters depending on what output ports you use (DVI, HDMI, Display Port). Finally, for Nvidia's Surround to work, all three monitors must be the exact same model.

Really? I have Surround working and my monitors are different makes and models so how is that possible?

Then something has changed over the years. I could not get two Samsungs and an LG monitor to work when I tried it in 2012 with a single GTX 680. Nvidia's own website said this:

Special Instructions:
> 3D Vision Surround requires using three DVI or
three DisplayPort connectors.
> All monitors must be the same make and model for
3D Vision Surround.
> Using DisplayPort connectors may require the use
of DisplayPort to Dual-link DVI adapters. Please
consult your monitor's manual for supported
3D connectors.
> Center Display of the Surround group should be
connected to the card with most displays.
> Accessory Display must be connected to the card
with most number of displays.
> You can use any connector to enable the
Accessory Display.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS