Which Win10 build & version is the best for me?

CyberDevil

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015
Hi. I've been having a lot of memory leak issues with the current Windows edition on my PC.

It's Creators' Update v1703 build 15063.138. Idle memory usage is about 14% (1146 MB of 8GB).

But when I'm playing games that use up to 3GB of system RAM (GTA V, Dying Light), the system memory consumption jumps up to about 80% (6553 MB) instead of being 3GB + ~1500 MB and finally the game crashes and a low memory warning appears. RAM usage is always more than actual + game usage.

I had a laptop with 8GB of RAM shared between the system and the iGPU with Windows 10 10240 which never had any memory leak issues.

PC Specs: R5 1600 stock, 2x4 GB 2133MHz OCed to 2666MHz, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X stock, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3.

Could this also be because of the memory OC? I've never played without it. I'm installing another version/build of Win10 because Creators' Update has issues for me. I really loved build 10240. Are there updates for it and support for latest NVIDIA, AMD Ryzen drivers?

Solution

Every other person I've talked to in here that ranted about the Creators Update screwing up their system...it eventually turned out to be something else completely...

USAFRet

Titan
What "issues" does the Creators Update give you?
Specifically...

It does not matter what version you install 'today'...it will get updated to the Creators Update. And then in a few months, the Fall Creators Update. And then whatever comes next spring.

This is Windows 10. It will update itself.

CyberDevil

Honorable
Apr 6, 2015

I mentioned in the description that I've only ever got memory leak issues on Creators' Update and never on Threshold (10240). I have windows update service disabled to stop automatic updates. So if I downloaded a new version of 10240 build, would that be any good?

USAFRet

Titan

Every other person I've talked to in here that ranted about the Creators Update screwing up their system...it eventually turned out to be something else completely.
Every single one.

Where do you plan to d/l a 10240 build from?

Solution