ViewSonic or Acer Predator.....What to get?

Gamer7710

Prominent
Jul 20, 2017
I have narrowed down my choice of monitor to two finalists:

1. ViewSonic XG2703-GS 27" 2560 x 1440 (2K) 165 Hz IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor

2. Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 2560 x 1440 (2K) 165 Hz IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor

I understand they are very similar in terms of specs, but I just need to be pushed one way or the other. I just built my new system (i5 7600K with GTX 1080....etc) and I cannot settle for my current 1080p monitor.

If I had to choose at this point, I think I am leaning towards the ViewSonic simply because I think it looks pretty cool (green on black). Right now on Newegg, both of these monitors are at $699 so price isn't a factor here.

Any thoughts?

Solution
Since all of these monitors use basically the same AU Optronic IPS panel you can expect basically the same performance. I am not a fan of the style of the Acer either so I would probably go with the Viewsonic too. If you are coming from a 1080p/60hz TN panel you really can't go wrong with either the Viewsonic or the Acer.

krells

Distinguished
Since all of these monitors use basically the same AU Optronic IPS panel you can expect basically the same performance. I am not a fan of the style of the Acer either so I would probably go with the Viewsonic too. If you are coming from a 1080p/60hz TN panel you really can't go wrong with either the Viewsonic or the Acer.

Solution