Speedfan controls in asus fan xpert?

Mikeyc22

Prominent
Jul 11, 2017
I know about the functionality of speedfan. I am wondering if the Asus software can do the same things, specefically:

Having a fan plugged into a sys_fan header and using the gpu temp as a source? Another example would be to control the cpu radiator fans from a Sys_fan header with the cpu temp source?

So with this level of control it doesnt matter which fans are plugged into which header. E.g. Using the cpu_header for a case fan with the gpu as a temp source? Thanks

Solution
I think Fan Xpert 3 lets you change the sensors for each case fan, I used it for a while and I seem to recall it allowed that. I think I had 1 case fan set to CPU temp, another to GPU temp and 3rd to hdd temps. It didn't work as planned for me but you might have better luck, it turned the CPU heatsink fan off twice which was enough for me to go nope, I now let BIOS look after it all.

I use speedfan to watch temps but I don't try to micro manage the fans anymore

Colif

Win 11 Master
I think Fan Xpert 3 lets you change the sensors for each case fan, I used it for a while and I seem to recall it allowed that. I think I had 1 case fan set to CPU temp, another to GPU temp and 3rd to hdd temps. It didn't work as planned for me but you might have better luck, it turned the CPU heatsink fan off twice which was enough for me to go nope, I now let BIOS look after it all.

I use speedfan to watch temps but I don't try to micro manage the fans anymore

Solution