ASUS PG279Q wont overclock to 165hz anymore.

Malaxus

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017
Today, after I played CS at 165 hz and closed the game, I decided to open it again (it was in a period of an hour). However, when cs opened, my monitor went black for 5 min, and never turned on. I forced shut down my pc, turned it on, and all seemed clear. However, when I was scrolling up and down on a website, I noticed that it wasn't 165 hz but rather 60 hz. I went to the Nvidia control panel and the refresh rate was locked at 144 hz. Whenever I tried over locking it to 165hz, the monitor would say "Display Port No signal." One minute it works while the next it doesn't. I tried resetting and everything, I have no clue why I can't bring it back up to 165 hz

My gpu is GTX 980 G1
I7 7700k at 4.2
DDR4 3000 MHz
750 EVGA G2 PSU

Malaxus

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2017

Nevermind, guess the HDMI cable was interferring. After I unplugged the HDMI and left the DP, my monitor was set back to 165 hz. Some mystery voodoo right here.

LazikMD

Prominent
Aug 26, 2020

Nevermind, guess the HDMI cable was interferring. After I unplugged the HDMI and left the DP, my monitor was set back to 165 hz. Some mystery voodoo right here.
OMG FINALLY!

Thank you stranger from another era, I had this very specific problem this morning, for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever, and unplugging my second monitor's HDMI from my GPU instantanly fixed the problem! Now that it's fixed, I replugged that HDMI and everything's back to normal.