Windows homepage wont show,help?

masons40

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
I was in the middle of factory resetting my desktop in order to sell it.During the process it was becoming very loud and as it was night time and I didn't want to wake anyone up I decided to turn it of manually by the back switch.Next morning I turned on my desktop and windows 10 presented me three options, which I cant remember, but I believe I clicked on the option to continue my reset.It began to reset and every thing is normal and then it turns on and shows all the normal loading pages but doesn't get to the windows screen and instead restarts ,it does this for about an hour before I manually turn it off.I have turned it on few times since then and it does the same process over and over again.I have tried starting it with different components of ram and I have tried manually resetting the CMOS battery along with resetting it on the BIOS page.I have pictures of the loading screen if that helps,but I don't know how to upload the pictures to the forum. I'm new to this site.

Solution
on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

After a broken reset, I would suggest a fresh install
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that...

Colif

Win 11 Master
on another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

After a broken reset, I would suggest a fresh install
change boot order in BIOS so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Solution

masons40

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Hey Colif, Thanks for the reply.This fix you gave seems to be working,but when it gets to resetting the Desktop (step 14 in the guide) it keeps reverting back to the beginning(step 5) where it asks me to re-do it all over again.Would you have any idea of the problem and how to resolve it?

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't know why it does that to some people and not others. When you get to step 14 and PC is about to restart, remove the USB as its all on the hdd by this stage, and it will stop it booting off USB again and restarting the install. With USB removed it will continue the install process.

masons40

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017

Cheers,that worked great,honestly cant thank you enough